Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread p1000xxjq1 p1000xxjq1 p1000xxjpz
Hi all. Finally the update is here. Android 2.3.3 Stock Rom p1000xxjq1 p1000xxjq1 p1000xxjpz .
Follow the instructions bellow to flash the firmware JQ1, Gingerbread for Galaxy Tab :
Note 1: The bootloaders ARE signed, but NOT secured. Custom kernels and firmwares can still be flashed !
Note 2: Be sure to use Odin 1.7 attached to this post, older versions of Odin will NOT work !
Note 3: CF-Root v3.3 for JQ1 / Gingerbread has arrived: Visit XDA-Dev to get this : http://forum.xda-dev…6&postcount=176 ; Download : http://www.thegalaxy…h&attach_id=159
Note 4 This is only for the GSM version of the Galaxy Tab, NOT for CDMA or Wi-Fi only version
Note 5 Some users state that only by flashing the firmware (samfirmware version) and pit file gt-p1000_mr_PIT as usual, it works very well. If you want to approach this way, here is a detailed VIDEO flashing tutorial for general firmwares. : DO NOT USE THE FILES IN THAT POST -> http://www.thegalaxy…ung-galaxy-tab/
Credits goes to Chainfire from XDA-Dev for the files and a quick tutorial.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible if anything happens to your Galaxy Tab. Use at your own risk.
DETAILED STEP-BY-STEP “Noob” FLASHING TUTORIAL THANKS TO JKURL15
NEW 1 : VIDEO [How-To] Flash Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread on Samsung Galaxy Tab – All the instructions bellow apply to the video. Enjoy
Before, make you sure Galaxy Tab Drivers are installed. Either use KIES, Windows Update (Not sure if it will work this way) or download them from here : http://downloadcente…_v1.3.350.0.exe
Download these files and place them in a folder together on your desktop.
1. Main Firmware (227MB) <————- http://www.multiupload.com/IZLCKQ3VJC
2. Pit File (557b) <——————— http://www.thegalaxy…h&attach_id=156
3. dbdata fie (1.92Kb) <—————– http://www.thegalaxy…h&attach_id=157
4. Rooted Kernel (5.99MB) –OPTIONAL) <- http://www.thegalaxy…h&attach_id=159
4. Flashing Program (196.71K) <——— http://www.thegalaxy…h&attach_id=158
0. Preparing to Flashing the firmware
1. Take the main firmware and unzip the file using winzip or another extraction program. When it unzips you will be left w/ a .tar file. This is the file you will need to flash.
2. Unzip ODIN V1.7. You will have several files in the folder. you will use the file called Odin.exe
3. Unzip the pit file. you will be left w/ a .pit file
4. Unzip the dbdata file and you will be left w/ a file named dbdata.tar.
Take all those files and put them in a folder inside the main folder so they are in one spot and easy to find.
1. Flashing the Firmware
1. Double click ODIN.exe to run the program.
2. Make sure your tab to turned off. Hold the Power and Volume down button at the same time and it will have a android guy in a triangle w/ a shovel and hook it up to your computer. This is the download mode.
3. in the PDA section of odin place the main firmware .tar file in that section.
4. Place the .pit file in the pit section and make sure repartition is selected.
5. Hit start and it will flash the firmware.
2. Second Phase to flashing Firmware
you tab will reboot after the firmware flashes. Shut it down.
1. Place tab in DL mode again and hook it up to your computer. Power button and Volume Down at the same time.
2. Place dbdata.tar into the PDA section in ODIN (DO NOT SELECT REPARTITION)
3. Hit start and it will flash the .tar file.
4. Shut down the tab.
3. Phase Three of Flashing Firmware
We will be placing your tab into recovery mode. In Recovery Mode you will use the volume up and down keys to navigate and home key to select.
1. Hold Power and Volume up together.
2. Release Power after holding it for about 4-5 second and continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu shows up.
3. Select wipe cache (When Done go to next step)
4. Select wipe data/factory reset.
5. Select reboot and you are done. You now have Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread.
4. Flashing of OPTIONAL rooted kernel GSM TABS ONLY
This is to be done after all the steps above have been done.
1. unzip the CFroot file and you will have a .tar file.
2. Start the ODIN program
3. put the .tar file in the PDA section in ODIN (DO NOT SELECT REPARTITION)
4. Place your tab into DL Mode and hook it up to your computer
5. Hit start
you will now have a rooted tab and ClockWorkMod recovery installed.
Version 2 of flashing
Quick & Original ChainFire instructions For Those Who Know flashing (do this if you didn’t follow the above tutorial only!) :
Download the version “With bootloaders”: http://www.multiupload.com/IZLCKQ3VJC <— flash this one
Procedure (ODIN !)
– Download and extract the firmware zip
– Download and extract the attached gt-p1000_mr_PIT.zip
– Download and extract the attached dbdata.zip
– Flash the firmware tar as PDA, repartition enabled, use the attached PIT
– After flash immediately boot into download mode again
– Flash dbdata.tar as PDA (NO repartition)
– After flash immediately boot into recovery mode
– Wipe cache
– Wipe data / factory reset
EDIT 1 : CF-Root v3.3 for JQ1 / Gingerbread has arrived (To get Root Access) You can flash this as well: Visit XDA-Dev to get this : http://forum.xda-dev…6&postcount=176 ; Download : http://www.thegalaxy…h&attach_id=159