HOW TO: Set up a Custom Domain on Blogger
When you buy a domain, you can personalize your blog’s website address.
Step 1: Buy a domain
Step 2: Set up your domain with your blog
- Sign in to Blogger.
- Select the blog you want to update.
- On the left, click Settings > Basic.
- Under “Publishing,” click +Setup a Google Domains URL for your blog.
- Type the URL of the domain you’ve purchased.
- Click Save.
- You’ll see an error with two CNAMEs.
- Name, Label or Host: Enter the name as the subdomain, like “blog.” or “www.” For destination, enter “ghs.googlehosted.com.”
- Destination, Target or Points to: This is different for each person and is specific to your blog and your Google Account.
- Go to the website where you bought your domain. Find the DNS (Domain Name System) in the control panel.
- Under “Name, Label or Host,” type the subdomain you entered in the previous step.
- Under “Destination, Target or Points to,” type “ghs.googlehosted.com.”
- Enter details for the second CNAME, which are specific to your blog and Google Account.
- Wait for at least an hour for your DNS settings to activate.
- Repeat steps 1 through 6. Your blogspot.com address will redirect to your custom domain. It may take to 24 hours.
Step 3 : Add www. to your domain
To change your domain (example: aneukaceh.com) to www.aneukaceh.com, set up a naked redirect.?
- Go to your domain provider’s website.
- Open your DNS settings.
- Enter your domain name in the format aneukaceh.com.
- Add four A-records which point to Google IPs.